Please LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT, and RETWEET …
This week, I have no pre-game analysis of the Dallas Cowboys versus Philadelphia Eagles. The fact is that I just can’t stand them. I acknowledge that my loathing of this team is far from rational, yet it only seems to grow with each season.
So, instead of giving a breakdown about the upcoming game between the Eagles and the Cowboys in Philly, I have decided instead to breakdown why I can’t stand the Eagles.
6) Buddy Ryan – Sure, he’s a defensive guru, and his sons are fairly entertaining to watch on game days, but more than all of that, Buddy Ryan is just an enormous douche. Ryan had a bounty program in place years before the Saints were caught doing it. There is no place in the game for people who to intentionally try to injure another player. . . unless you’re Buddy Ryan. Then, it’s just called a “game plan”. To sum up, Buddy Ryan = Enormous douche.
5) Philly fans booed Santa Claus – Who in their right mind does not like Santa Claus? Philly fans – who pelted him with snowballs, booed, and yelled obscenities – that’s who! Your team is 2-11? Well then you should take it out on jolly old Saint Nick (who, ironically, was actually an Eagles’ fan who was pulled from the stands at the last minute because he had a beard and was wearing a reddish suit). Stay klassy Philly.
4) The Rocky Statue – I don’t really know how to say this in a way that won’t make it seem silly, but here it goes anyway. Rocky is a fictional character. He’s not real. You have a statue on those steps of the guy who starred in “Rhinestone” with Dolly Parton and “Over the Top”. Of all the sports legends that came out of Philadelphia, you chose to immortalize a fake athlete. “Yo Adrian, I ain’t a real person!”
3) Harold Carmichael – I’m sure he is a really nice guy, and he even played for Dallas in 1984. But from 1971-1983, Carmichael caught like a million passes when he played for the Eagles. It felt like most of those receptions were in games against Dallas. No defensive back can properly defend a 6’8” receiver. Just throw it high. . . I’m getting frustrated just thinking about it again. Screw that guy for being so tall. Hey, I told you at the beginning that this would not be rational!
2) Michael Vick is a convict, Riley Cooper says inflammatory racist crap, and DeSean Jackson drops the football before crossing the goal line while trying to showboat. Hard to find a good guy to cheer for in this group.
1) More than anything else, the reason why I can’t stand the Eagles is that they applauded the injury that ended Michael Irvin’s career. I just spoke to a woman who was actually at that game. She was 12 years old at the time and was wearing a Cowboys’ jersey in support of her team. In between cheering Irvin’s injury and holding up signs with homophobic slurs against #88, some of the Philly “fans” managed to find enough time to call that 12 year old girl a bitch for wearing a Cowboys’ jersey. That kind of behavior is just beyond my comprehension.
I am quite sure there are plenty of great Eagles players who are pillars of their community. I’m sure there are also plenty of good-hearted Eagles’ fans out there who only want to see a good game of football without anyone getting hurt. Unfortunately though, I have seen enough of the negative to even begin to try and search for any positive.
I have unwavering love and devotion to one team, mixed levels or respect, admiration, and apathy for thirty more, and outright loathing for one in particular. Stay klassy Philly.